Data Scientist, New York
We are searching for a Data Scientist who will help develop market prediction models. The role involves analyzing both structured and unstructured data and use advance analytical methods to create predictive models.
- • Frame and conduct intricate analyses and experiments using extremely large, complex (not always well-structured, highly variable) data sets
- • Leverage analysis in the support of Business partners to design, develop, and launch innovative new products
- • Source, scrub, and join varied data sets from public, commercial, and proprietary sources
- • Design and implement scripts, programs, databases, and other software components
- • Draw conclusions and effectively communicate findings with both technical and non-technical team members
- • Review relevant academic and industry research to identify useful algorithms, techniques, libraries, etc.
- • Provide technical thought leadership and manage teams of data engineers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline
- • 5+ years of experience in R, Perl, Python, Java, or other languages appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data
- • 5+ years of experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- • 3+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- • 3+ years of experience working with extremely large data sets.
- • Experience with Hadoop or similar distributed computing and storage platforms
- • Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- • Graduate degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline
- • Extremely strong analytical
and problem-solving skills
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org